Hosted by Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) on 12 July 2021
Invitation to all Academia, Industry Player, and Regulator
Engineering X funded by the Royal Academy of Engineering, United Kingdom, and Lloyd’s Register Foundation has awarded funding to a consortium of partners in ASEAN and South Asia to undertake a study on decommissioning of offshore structures in the regions commencing from March 2020 until February 2024.
This consortium involves the following partners:
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (Malaysia) – Project Coordinator
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Malaysia)
- PetroVietnam University (Vietnam)
- Newcastle University in Singapore (Singapore)
- Liverpool John Moores University (UK)
- Sea Sentinels Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Mahidol University (Thailand)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia)
- R.L.Kalthia Ship Breaking Pvt. Ltd. (India)
This two-part workshop carries the objective to develop safety cases, risk assessment matrix, and methodology for safe decommissioning.
The workshops aim to bring together subject matter experts from different sectors – academia, industry, and regulatory in ASEAN (Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brunei) to share their knowledge, technology, innovation, experience, and challenges in decommissioning.
The participation in this workshop will be through invitation only; identified based on the organization’s and/or institution’s experience and/or involvement in decommissioning in ASEAN.
For more information, please contact Sarah Suherman (email: [email protected])