Hosted by Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) on 6 October 2021
Invitation to all Academia, Industry Player, and Regulator
Engineering X funded by the Royal Academy of Engineering, United Kingdom, and Lloyd’s Register Foundation has awarded funding to a consortium of partners in ASEAN and South Asia to undertake a study on decommissioning of offshore structures in the regions commencing from March 2020 until February 2024.
This consortium involves the following partners:
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (Malaysia) – Project Coordinator
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Malaysia)
- PetroVietnam University (Vietnam)
- Newcastle University in Singapore (Singapore)
- Liverpool John Moores University (UK)
- Sea Sentinels Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Mahidol University (Thailand)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia)
- R.L.Kalthia Ship Breaking Pvt. Ltd. (India)
This second-part of the workshop carries the same objective which was to develop safety cases, risk assessment matrix, and methodology for safe decommissioning.
The workshops aim to bring together subject matter experts from different sectors – academia, industry, and regulatory in ASEAN (Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brunei) to share their knowledge, technology, innovation, experience, and challenges in decommissioning.
The participation in this workshop will be through invitation only; identified based on the organization’s and/or institution’s experience and/or involvement in decommissioning in ASEAN.
For more information, please contact Sarah Suherman (email: [email protected])